Storm Damage During Winter Months
In the colder months, Staten Islanders can expect rain, snow, and ice storms. In addition, there can be a variety of issues that can mire your home like flooding in your basement or garage.
At SERVPRO of Southern Staten Island, our dedicated crew is ready to respond to your flood and water disasters. We are locally owned and operated, always prepared for storm damage and are ready to respond quickly.
Ways to Prepare for Storms During Colder Months
Prepare your home for the cooler weather
- Insulate walls and attic
- Caulk and weather-strip doors and windows
- Install storm windows or cover windows with plastic from the inside.
Be prepared with emergency heating, in case the storm takes your heating source away.
- Fireplace with ample supply of wood
- Small, well-vented, wood, coal, or camp stove with fuel
- Portable space heaters or kerosene heaters (See Kerosene Heaters.)
Choose SERVPRO of Southern Staten Island, a local company that specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. We are here to help and ready to help during storms and severe flooding conditions in the Staten Island and the surrounding areas.