Fire Damage Restoration
Fire damage, whether it happens at home or your business premises can be very devastating. After the fire occurrence, it leaves your property in a mess due to the smoke and also the water flooding from the fire fighting attempts. Each fire damages are unique and require different solutions, and we understand how stressful it can be.
Some hazards like fire are inevitable, and when it happens, you will need someone who can repair the damages and bring your property back to its prior condition. This is done by removing the smoke damage stains, the soot coatings and the smoke odors leaving the property in a preloss condition. This is where we come in.
There are numerous causes of fire which include;
- Kitchen fire
- Electrical fire
- Home heating fire
- Flammable items
To perform fire restoration, we follow the following steps;
Our team is experienced, and we have all the tools required for a thorough inspection. They will conduct the inspection carefully to determine the severity of the fire and where smoke and soot has settled. It is the first step to decide which action to take.
Smoke and soot removal
We then start the cleaning job to eliminate all the soot and smoke residues and checking the missing items that need replacement.
Cleaning soot and removing smoke is not an easy thing to do by yourself and that is why you need professionals like us. We remove the entire smoke residue from the walls, floor, windows, and ceiling.
After cleaning, we perform a drying action to remove all the water flooded when attempting to fight the fire.
This also involves the removal of smoke odor through fogging equipment and scrubbers.
This is the last step which includes repairs and replacement. It ensures that everything is brought back to the way it was before the fire occurrence.
Mold Management and Removal
Choosing a mold damage management company can be stressful as you are not sure which contractor to trust. We are unique since we provide our clients in New York City and Manhattan with quality solutions to mold damage problems.
Our staff is experienced and has been in this field for decades, and this allows them to come up with unique methods of mold elimination.
The presence of water in your building either at your home or business can lead to excessive growth of mold. They can quickly spread to basements, bathrooms, walls and any other areas prone to moisture contact.
Other than property destruction, mold can affect the overall health of the buildings' inhabitants. Some of the effects of mold include;
- Nasal stuffiness
- Eye irritation
- Skin irritation
- Shortness of breath
Also, the growth of mold presents a threat to your property value which could cost you a lot in maintenance expenses.
To avoid such things from happening to you, let us help you to get rid of mold and any other threatening signs completely. To achieve this, we;
Identify and remove the cause of mold
This is always the first because if we do not get rid of the roots, mold will keep coming back. The mistake that most homeowners make is thinking that they can get rid of mold by just cleaning and disinfecting the areas. Some use homemade bleach to wipe the surfaces forgetting that they leave behind the bio-smile causing the mold.
After collecting the causes, we start the remediation process. We eliminate mold in all affected areas like the bathroom using the help of our experts and quality products ensuring that your home is left in a pleasant state.
Mold removal is not an easy task as many individuals think. If done improperly you will keep seeing mold appearing in your home despite the repeated cleaning attempts. Bleach and other household cleaning products do not kill mold. The best remedy is eliminating all the moisture as it is the catalyst for mold growth. Therefore, homeowners should not attempt to remove mold if the affected area is over 10 square feet. It is best if done by a certified mold management professional and that why we are here to help all the New York City and Manhattan dwellers. Contact us today to book an appointment.
Take Control After Water Damage
oming home to water all over your home can be devastating and frustrating to say the least. Not only do you have to try to figure out where the water leaked from, but you also have to try to determine what to do to put an end to the problem right away. That's where a Staten Island water damage specialist can come into play and help you out.
The first thing that needs to be done is you need to get the area cleaned up and dried out as quickly as possible. Allowing the water to sit in your home is only going to cause even more problems along the way. It is crucial that you call in a remediation specialist right away. Even though many think they can handle the tasks on their own, it isn't as easy as you might think to take care of the problem all the way. You have to make sure every little area is thoroughly cleaned and dried out to prevent mold from forming. Once mold formation occurs, it opens up a whole new world of problems that you are going to have to deal with along the way.
Water damage specialists in New York already have the tools necessary to come in and get to work. Our team knows what to look for and what to do to quickly minimize the damage to your structure. We understand the importance of acting quickly and efficiently, so you never have to worry about waiting days for one of our team members to come out and get to work around your home. When you call upon us, you will get a team to your home in no time to help you prevent further damage from occurring and rectify the damage that has already been done to your home.
A Leaky Pipe Spells Disaster
ftentimes, people tend to ignore a leaking pipe. They figure if it is small enough, it isn't that big of a deal. Just put a bucket underneath of the leak and call it a day. But, what if there was a leaking pipe hidden where it wasn't so easy to get to it? Many don't realize that even a small leak could end up turning into something disastrous for them. Even the smallest amount of water could end up turning into a major problem for the home. It doesn't take a lot of water to start forming mold. All it takes is a damp environment for the damage to start spiraling out of control.
If you allow the mold to settle in your home, it will end up causing a world of problems for you. Not only will your health be affected, but the damage could cost you thousands to take care of the mess. That's why it is more important than ever that you get a leaking pipe or any other type of water damage taken care of as quickly as possible. Trying to handle the problem on your own and hoping it will be okay isn't exactly the best approach.
You need someone in Staten Island who has the experience and expertise to eradicate the problem. Mold isn't something that you should mess with on your own. It can end up spreading and releasing spores into the air you breathe, thus making you ill. If you notice any signs of mold or you recently dealt with a leaking pipe in your home, you need to turn to someone who can step in and eradicate the problem to protect both you and your home. Don't allow even the smallest leak to go unaddressed. It will only be worse for you in the end.
Find a Specialist You Can Trust
When dealing with any type of fire, water, smoke or mold damage, it is more important than ever that you get the problem taken care of promptly. But, that means being able to find a specialist you can trust to come in and get the job done right the first time around. You don't want to have someone keep coming in time and time again in an attempt to clean up the damage. Acting quickly and efficiently is the key to minimizing the loss and ensuring your home is taken care of promptly.
As you look for a remediation specialist, you need to make sure you choose someone who has the skills to come in and handle what it is that you need. You don't want just anyone trying to correct the problem. You need someone with experience and dedication to getting the job done as quickly as possible while staying within your price range. It also needs to be someone that you can trust who you feel comfortable with. If you don't think the individual is capable of doing the job, it isn't worth your time and effort hiring them to let them try.
When you make the decision to hire our New York City team of professionals, you can rest assured that we put the customer first. Our goal is to get your property back in its original state as quickly as possible to help protect your health and minimize the amount of time you are inconvenienced. There is no reason why you should have to turn to anyone else when our team of specialists understands the intricacies of the business and what needs to be done. Don't waste time trying to figure out how to deal with the dame on your own turn to a Staten Island pro who can take care of the problem for you.
Staten Island Restoration Services
New York City is a popular place for movies to set the scene for their wide array of disasters, but unlike the silver screen disasters don't simply disappear. If half of your roof caves in during a blizzard or your commercial office building gets flooded, it's important to respond quickly to set up provisional and protective measures to avoid further deterioration. SERVPRO of Southern Staten Island is available 24 hours a day with efficient and adept Restoration Technicians ready to clean up any mess from the upholstery in your home to the removng of mold damage within a commercial facility.
SERVPRO of Southern Staten Island can sort out any mess:
- Fire Damage
- Water Damage
- Smoke Damage
- Storm Damage
- Mold Damage/Remediation
- Cleaning & Building Services
Save yourself time and money by hiring SERVPRO's Restoration Technicians. SERVPRO will be there for every stage of the recovery. Knowing a trusted pioneer of the Restoration and Renovation industry will respond cost effectively and quickly.
When emergency strikes be prepared, depend on SERVPRO and its 1700 franchises. In moments of urgency our capable and highly-skilled technicians can call upon Special Disaster Recovery Teams to make sure your problem is resolved.
No matter what the elements throw at you, whether it be dust bunnies or extensive smoke damage, SERVPRO will have your property clean in a cinch and for a reasonable price too. SERVPRO is a trusted leader of commercial and residential restoration throughout the New York City area and further afield.
SERVPRO will be there to fix any element's destruction: water, fire, smoke, mold or storm damage. Hundreds of franchises are ready to dispatch highly-trained restoration professionals 24 hours a day, seven days a week. New York City is iconic American culture and SERVPRO of Southern Staten Island is the best at keeping New York City clean.
Creating Fire Safety Exit Plan for Your Home
It is imperative for you and your family to have a home escape plan in case of a fire. SERVPRO of Southern Staten Island created step by step instructions for a fire safety exit strategy.
- Using a floor plan (if you do not have one, you can easily draw a simple one) pick a primary exit from each room of your home. Your primary exit would be the quickest exit. You should also pick an alternative exit from each room, such as a window, if the primary exits are blocked in an emergency.
- Any rooms that are not on the ground floor should have a fire escape ladder. They can easily be purchased online or at your local hardware store.
- Write down your exit plan and give copies to each member of your family, make sure to do a practice session with any young family members.
- You and your family should also do an exit plan practice session in the dark as a fire can happen at any time and frequently knocks out the power.
- When exiting your home during a fire it is important to remember the following:
- A closed door that is emitting heat should not be opened, if you feel any heat you should leave using your alternative exit.
- If the door is closed and not emitting heat, you should open it slowly with your shoulder pushed against the door in case flames and/or smoke are on the other side.
- If there is smoke along the exit route, you and your family should crawl on the floor with mouths and noses covered to avoid smoke inhalation.
- Pick a designated meeting spot outside of your home. For example, the end of your driveway or in front of a neighbor's house.
- Pick a neighbor, ideally one you are friendly with, and let them know that in case of an emergency you will be coming to their house to call 911. This may seem obsolete because of cells phones however during a fire the most important thing is to exit your home ASAP and you can easily not have access to your phone or forget it.
- You and your family must wait outside your home until emergency services has deemed your home safe for reentry.
- If there is any damage from fire, water, and/or smoke - call SERVPRO of Southern Staten Island 718-979-4100 for your Cleanup & Restoration and we will make it “Like it never even happened.”
SERVPRO of Southern Staten Island wants you to know that your family’s health and safety is top priority. We’d like to offer you assistance in anyway we can that is why we’ve created this easy to use Fire Safety Exit Plan. Should there ever be any fire, smoke, water, or mold damage in your home - please remember SERVPRO of Southern Staten Island is Faster to Any Size Disaster!
Does Something Smell Funny?
Sometimes there can be an odor in your home that you have tried to dispel but nothing seems to work. Odors can come from anything in or outside of your home, the most important part of odor removal is identifying the source of the odor. You may have tried home remedies for your odors such as cleaning and disinfecting but the odor returns.
SERVPRO of Southern Staten Island technicians are trained by the IICRC - Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification. This means that our technicians have gone through extensive training to successfully identify the source of odors. The source of an odor must be removed and all of the affected areas properly treated. Any permeable surface can be contaminated; this includes but is not limited to carpeting, wood flooring, furniture, and drywall. Anything that has been contaminated by the source of the odor must be treated as well.
The technicians at SERVPRO of Southern Staten Island have been trained to in using the proper products for the different materials contaminated by odors. You wouldn’t treat a wood floor the same way you would treat carpeting. You also wouldn’t treat mold odor removal in the same manner you would treat smoke odor removal.
SERVPRO of Southern Staten Island’s state of the art tools provide you with swift deodorization. Air scrubbers remove any contaminates from the air using a high-efficiency particulate air (HEPA) filtration system. Our new Hydroxyl Generators are new tools for deodorization that clean the contaminated area but allow the inhabitants to stay in the space during the deodorization process.
SERVPRO of Southern Staten Island are the experts for Cleanup and Restoration for your deodorization. Call SERVPRO of Southern Staten Island today for a free estimate 718-979-4100. We are Faster to Any Size Disaster.
How to Protect your Basement from Mold
Mold grows rapidly in dark and damp places, making your basement a prime environment from mold growth if not properly maintained. SERVPRO of Southern Staten Island has created a simple step by step list to keep your basement mold free! It is important to be proactive in keeping your basement free from mold because once it is present, it can become a big problem.
- Check the humidity level in your basement. A hygrometer is an inexpensive tool used to check humidity levels and can be purchased online or at your local hardware store. If the humidity level is above 45% then you need to reduce the humidity level in your basement.
- Put a dehumidifier in your basement. This is a great tool to have in your home regardless of a high humidity level because the humidity of your basement can change due to the weather outside. High quality dehumidifiers check the level of humidity in the room and adjust accordingly.
- Keep the clutter in your basement to a minimum. Items that are capable of storing moisture such as books or clothing can become a source for mold growth. Make sure to store these items in moisture resistant containers such as plastic bins and to store them slightly away from walls and off of the ground.
- Keep the water away from your basement. Make sure your gutters aim away from your home.
- Clean up any spills that occur in your basement immediately.
- Protect your pipes. In the winter months, pipes are prone to freezing and then bursting when temperatures rise. If your pipes are insulated this will prevent possible bursting and reduce condensation from the pipes which provides additional protection from high humidity levels in your basement.
- If your washing machine and dryer are in the basement make sure that all connections are properly sealed and exhausting to the outdoors.
- During the warmer months, air out your basement. Open the doors and windows while using a fan in the basement to circulate in fresh air.
SERVPRO of Southern Staten Island knows that home maintenance can be a big task so we’ve created this simple list to help you upkeep your home quickly and effectively. If you think your basement has mold growth, call SERVPRO of Southern Staten Island 718-979-4100 for a free estimate today!
Frigid temperatures are just around the corner
The cold winter season is usually characterized by snow, ice, and low temperatures. Besides these, the cold weather can also cause many problems in your home such as frozen pipes in the basements and it can also become a home for small animals escaping from the harsh climate. The damaged pipes can also cause structural damage, provide the perfect conditions for mold to grow and cause flooding.
Research shows that a pipe does not break due to the formation of ice inside it or the expansion of ice against its wall. The actual cause of the breakage is the continuous freezing and expansion that takes place inside the pipe after there has been a complete ice blockage which results in pressure increasing between the ice blockage and the closed faucet. In fact, pipes break where there has been barely any ice formation.
The pipes that mostly freeze are swimming pool lines, sprinkler lines, outdoor faucet, water supply line in places like the basement, garages, crawl places and attics. Therefore, homeowners should take certain precautions to prevent this from happening.
To prevent pipes from breaking, you will need to do the following;
• Leave the cabinet doors under sinks open
• Insulate pipes with plastic, newspaper or insulation
• Make your home winter-ready by covering the windows using plastic or installing storm windows, weather stripping and caulking windows and doors, and insulating walls and attics
• Ensure that your thermostat reads the same temperature during the day and night
• Avoid closing the faucets tightly during winter; leave them dripping to prevent freezing
If your pipes freeze after taking all these precautions, do not panic. Seek the assistance of a professional. If you live in Southern Staten Island, call us and let us restore your pipes. We offer reliable restoration and cleaning service to the residents of Southern Staten Island. We are a local company hence you can be sure that we know the area well and will arrive promptly to address the problem before it causes more damage to your home. At SERVPRO, we believe in professionalism and in providing quality services to our customers. Contact us anytime you have apipe breakage emergency at your home or business premises.