What Is Black Mold?
Homes and businesses can be threatened by mold at any time. Damp or humid areas of a property are especially at risk of mold forming. When black mold (also known as toxic mold), emerges in a home or business it presents a serious health risk for everyone affected. Routine checks in areas where mold is more susceptible to grow should be done regularly. Areas that are at a higher risk of mold growth include: laundry rooms, bathrooms, and showers.
Our highly trained technicians will come to your property with specialized equipment that is designed to support the process of mold remediation. Call your locally owned and operated SERVPRO of Southern Staten Island at (718) 979-4100 if you suspect black mold in any area of your home or business.
Learn more about mold and what to do until help arrives by visiting Mold Damage Tips.
How Do I Tell If It’s Black Mold?
Since many types of mold can cause reactions, you should contact us regardless of the color or type of mold. In many instances, multiple types of mold may exist in the same house or structure. If you suspect you have a mold problem, contact SERVPRO of Southern Staten Island immediately.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (718) 979-4100
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Southern Staten Island is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 1,600 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Staten Island
- Southern Staten Island
- Pleasant Plains
- Fresh Kills
- Arden Heights
- Great Kills