Ahead of the Curve
We are ready for any size loss
As many states begin to reopen, we all have feelings of uncertainty going into spaces we used to not think twice about. The convenient store, a cafe, your own work desk are all spaces that we used to frequent. At SERVPRO of Southern Staten Island we are offering our disinfectant services to places of businesses, so employees and customers feel safe in your place of business. In New York, we have a responsibility to take care of our fellow neighbors.
Practicing preventative cleaning for reopening is essential. When SERVPRO of Southern Staten Island enters your space we are able to disinfect your entire business with EPA approved products. As we look toward the reopening date, we want to ensure your business is prepared to act. We are scheduling several weeks in advance, as we understand these are unforeseen times. We plan to help you navigate through these difficult times.
We are providing disinfecting services for COVID-19 as well as general detailed cleanings for unoccupied homes collecting dust.
Our Disinfectant services include:
- Ultra Low Volume (ULV) misting or electrostatic spray of certain affected areas with EPA approved hospital grade disinfectant. This mist will eradicate any aerosolized particles allowing for a safer entry of decontamination personnel.
- Electrostatic spray application of EPA Approved Hospital Grade disinfectant. Positively charged ions are produced within the chemical which adhere to surfaces in the affected area. This ensures total coverage of the affected area.
- Surface wiping of critical contact areas. Fixtures, keyboards, phones, door handles, certain contents within the affected area are hand wiped. A 5-10 minute dwell time should be allowed post wipe down. Walls up to a height of approximately 5’ throughout traffic areas.
- Technicians will wear half face respirators with P100 filters, coveralls, goggles and nitrile gloves.
Since many homes and offices have been vacant for some time, we also offer a detailed floor to ceiling deep cleaning, from base molding to crown molding including: content manipulation, steam cleaning of drapes, carpets and upholstered furniture if needed. We will clean every square foot leaving your home or office in the highest condition.
In addition, you would receive a dedicated team, seal of approval, an email update of job progress with photos of our crew onsite. Lastly, we will create an Emergency Ready Profile customized to your property as supplemental guidance for response protocol in the event of an emergency. We are available 24/7, 365 days out of the year. Any questions please call SERVPRO of Southern Staten Island, 718-979-4100.
Here to Help YOU
Here to Help
We are answering common questions about COVID-19 such as “How can I keep my exposure minimal?” or “How do I combat this virus before it enters my home?”. SERVPRO of Southern Staten Island can help you in being proactive! We offer several levels of proactive cleaning services to our customers year round that can help minimize exposure by thoroughly disinfecting businesses and homes. At SERVPRO of Southern Staten Island, we follow CDC guidelines while performing these services. All our employees are all highly trained, wear full protection gear, and maintain correct certifications to get the job done to the highest standard.
Several businesses have already contacted us to perform proactive cleanings of their office spaces, restaurants, theaters, and much more. The best part is that you do not need to vacate your home or business for an extended period of time. Unlike you would if you were to have a bug fogging service performed. Our cleaning chemicals are green, so they are not harmful to you, your pets, or your customers once the cleaning has been performed. Meaning whether you are having a home or your restaurant cleaned, we can have you back in the structure and living your life quickly. You will not have to worry about a place to stay, work, or any harm to guests or pets.
As an industry leader, SERVPRO of Southern Staten Island has been fighting viruses for years by proactively cleaning against everything from SARS, Swine flu, to the common cold! If you or someone you know is interested in having these services performed or obtaining an estimate for these services, please don’t hesitate to give us a call today!
Stay Safe. Stay Healthy.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned – A Defensive Cleaning Program
Our defensive cleaning program gives your business a way forward by providing your employees and customers ongoing safety and assuredness.
Let us help you get back to business
As our communities re-open, we’re all moving back toward a new kind of normal. The expectations of visitors, customers, and employees who come into our establishments have evolved, and staying safe and well is a top concern. The global COVID-19 pandemic has changed what it means to be clean, and we’ve developed a program to help your business meet the new higher standard of clean that is now expected.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a defensive cleaning program we’re offering to businesses and commercial locations to address the current COVID-19 pandemic. This proactive viral pathogen cleaning program goes well beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning. By choosing Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you, your employees, your customers, and your community can rest assured that you’ve selected a higher cleaning standard – you are Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
Extensive training and specialized products
As the #1 choice in cleanup and restoration*, we stand on more than 50 years of experience and expertise to help your business become Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned. Beyond fire & water, SERVPRO professionals are trained and experienced in biohazard decontamination and chemical spills – always adhering to the cleaning and decontamination standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local authorities.
From formulating and creating our proprietary cleaning products, like SERVPROXIDE, at our headquarters in Gallatin, TN, to taking the utmost care while disinfecting, we will ensure you and your business are set up to inspire consumer confidence as the economy continues to reopen.
3 C’s – Consult, Clean, and Certify
When the stakes are this high, you want a partner who has developed an industry leading, proprietary training program, cleaning solutions, and remediation processes over decades. We’ve cleaned up some of the most challenging biohazards imaginable. Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned reflects our unique experiences and capabilities. The program is grounded with our unique 3 C’s: Consult, Clean, and Certify.
- Consult – Every business is different, which is why you’ll be assigned a Cleaning Protocol Consultant who understands your business and will create a cleaning program to meet your specific needs. This program will be developed based on your business type, size of space, amount of high frequency touchpoints, foot traffic and congestion points.
- Clean – Based on your specific business needs, your location will undergo a thorough, deep clean, using exclusive cleaning products, according to protocols set forth by the CDC. Our employees have years of experience, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for cleanup process, and disposal of hazardous materials. In the event of a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 event, we will be there cleaning within 24 hours to ensure you get back to business as quickly as possible.
- Certify - Once your business location has been Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you will gain access to proprietary signage, digital emblems, and other collateral that communicates that you’ve selected a higher standard of clean available to help protect your employees and customers. And because we add the day, month, and year to that proprietary stamp of clean, your guests will know that not only did you choose Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, but that your location is being cleaned regularly at this standard.
Call today for a Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation
We’re Here to Help – 24 hours a day, seven days a week – until life is back to normal in the communities we all call home.
Call SERVPRO of Southern Staten Island today at 718-979-4100 for your Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation.
* #1 Choice in cleanup & restoration based Commercial Attitude & Usage Tracking study. Polling 816 commercial business decision makers on first choice for future needs related to cleanup & restoration work. Study conducted by C&R Research: October 2019
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned means professionally trained SERVPRO franchises perform the requested cleaning, sanitizing and disinfection services according to proprietary SERVPRO protocols and recognized industry and CDC standards with EPA approved cleaning products to deliver a SERVPRO certified cleaning experience. Each SERVPRO franchise is independently owned and operated.
Providing the Service You Need at a Cost You Can Afford
Let us limit your stress by working with your budget
The economic effect of COVID-19 has affected everyone. Due to the freeze on activity businesses have been forced to limit services and reduce their task force. Business and residents have gone without work due to business closings. An exorbitant amount of requests for unemployment relief have been filed causing a backup in the government’s ability to process claims in a timely manner. In turn, creating a loss of income and debt accumulation not only for residents but for homeowners alike.
These are hard times. Here at SERVPRO of Southern Staten Island, we understand that although disinfecting our homes, businesses, schools and medical facilities is of utmost importance, many may not have the financial means to support the cost of disinfection services.
We at SERVPRO of Southern Staten Island are working with customers to ensure we are able to provide you with the service you need at a cost you can afford. For details, feel free to contact us at 718-979-4100. We’re Here to Help – 24 hours a day, seven days a week – until life is back to normal in the communities we all call home.
Extension Cord Safety: What to Do & What to Avoid Doing
When using extension cords, prevent them from becoming potential fire hazards.
Extension cords are both a common and convenient way to bring power to electrical devices. However, when used without proper caution, they can become fire hazards and pose risks to your personal safety.
Follow these tips to help keep your home safe when using extension cords:
Selecting extension cords
- Purchase only cords that have been approved by an independent testing laboratory.
- For outdoor projects, use only extension cords marked for outdoor use.
- Read the instructions (if available) for information about the cord's correct use and the amount of power it draws.
- Select cords that are rated to handle the wattage of the devices with which they'll be used. A cord's gauge indicates its size; the smaller the number, the larger the wire and the more electrical current the cord can safely handle.
- Consider the length you'll need, longer cords can't handle as much current as shorter cords of the same gauge.
- Choose cords with polarized or three-prong plugs.
- For use with larger appliances, thick, round, low-gauge extension cords are best. For smaller appliances and electronics, you can use thin or flat cords.
Using extension cords
- Never remove an extension cord's grounding pin in order to fit it into a two-prong outlet.
- Avoid powering multiple appliances with one cord.
- Never use indoor extension cords outdoors.
- Don't plug multiple cords together.
- Don't run extension cords under rugs or furniture.
- Never tape extension cords to floors or attach them to surfaces with staples or nails.
- Don't bend or coil cords when they're in use.
- Cover unused cord receptacles with childproof covers.
- Never use extension cords that feel hot to the touch.
Caring for extension cords
- Always store cords indoors.
- Unplug extension cords when they're not in use.
- Throw away damaged cords immediately.
- Pull the plug — not the cord — when disconnecting from the outlet.
Remember, extension cords are intended to be temporary wiring solutions. If you find you're using them on a permanent basis, this can be a hazard.
Please call your leading professionals, SERVPRO of Southern Staten Island if you or a loved one experience ramifications on your home at 718-979-4100!
Candle Safety is Important
Candles create the perfect ambiance, but a lit candle can easily ignite anything flammable in its presence.
- 38% of home candle fires start in bedrooms and cause 35% of associated deaths.
- More than 50% of all candle home fires start because the candle was too close to a a flammable item (I.E. mattresses, bedding, curtains, cabinetry, or furniture are ignited).
- In 12% of home candle fires and in 25% of associated deaths and injuries, the household occupants were asleep when the fire occurred.
- Unsupervised children are involved in 20% of home candle fires.
- Having a working smoke alarm reduces one’s chances of dying in a fire by nearly 50%.
- 11% of home fires are caused by falling asleep while a candle is lit
- 58% of home fires started when something flammable was too close to the lit candle
- 36% of home fires start in the bedroom
- Remember that lit candles are fire. Keep them at least 12 inches from anything that can burn, such as curtains, bedding, mattresses, paper, books, flammable decorations, clothing, and upholstered furniture.
- Never leave a room or go to sleep before blowing out all lit candles.
- Use candle holders that are sturdy and won’t tip over easily. Candle holders that are made from a material that cannot burn, and are large enough to collect dripping wax would also be a good idea.
- Place candles where they cannot be reached or knocked over by pets or children.
- During an emergency, always use flashlights instead of candles as light sources.
- Never leave a child unattended in a room with a candle. Additionally, keep all matches and lighters out of reach of children.
- Keep all lit candles and any other open flames away from flammable liquids.
Soot is one of the most dangerous forms of air pollution, if your home is affected please call SERVPRO of Southern Staten Island today at 718-979-4100
A puff back can incite when an oil burner doesn't ignite immediately causing oil fumes to build up before ignition, resulting in an explosion like the backfiring of a car. Buildup of debris can also create an excessive explosion at ignition. In either case, the explosion can shoot soot and debris through the furnace or boiler's exhaust system and into your home.
If you have a forced air system (a hot air system as opposed to a hydroponic, or hot water, system) the problem will likely be worse as the heating ducts can spread soot into every corner of your home, with the same efficiency that they spread heat. A puff back can be a chronic problem, with each ignition sending forth a small amount of soot that slowly accumulates on heating vents, ceilings, carpets or baseboards, or it can be a single sudden event that sends a large amount of soot through the heating system.
What Should You Do?
It is quite amazing how much the soot can cover - it goes everywhere! It can even force you out of your home in some cases. This soot is not just a powder-like substance, but it is also black and sticky and will include a mixture of oil that is difficult to clean. This dirty residue needs to be cleaned as soon as possible! Oil-based soot is extremely difficult to remove. In addition to the soot, a puff back causes a foul odor to permeate your home. So, what should you do?
- Assess the situation and the amount of damage that was done
- Wash all affected clothing and fabrics in the house - some may require professional dry cleaning
- Throw away all exposed food
- Call a repairman to fix the malfunctioning oil furnace
- Call a cleaning service to take care of the soot and chemicals
And that's where you need a puffback specialist to thoroughly clean and deodorize all affected items and SERVPRO of Southern Staten Island is available 24/7/365 to assist as this is just one of our many services!
What to do when your sink is backed up!
When water does the opposite and flows back up through the drain, it’s a pretty good indicator that you have a problem. But where should you start?
If your sink is backed up, there are several contributing factors that could be causing the problem.
- Something lodged in the p-trap
- Hair caught in and around the drain stop
- The buildup over time of soap, lotions or grease
Clear the Drain Stop When Your Sink is Backed Up
When a sink is backed up, there are a few things to check before calling SERVPRO of Southern Staten Island.
- Check the area around your drain stop. The least invasive method to clear the drain is to check and see if the drain stop has hair or another foreign object clogging it.
When hair or other materials start to build up in the drain stop area, it can also start accumulating other debris, making the clog worse. Clearing the drain stop, and keeping it clear, is imperative when the sink is backing up. Once cleared, run some water into the sink. If it is still backing up, then it is time to move under the sink.
Clearing the P-Trap
The next place to check when your sink is backed up is the p-trap. The p-trap is the name given to a plumbing device designed to prevent sewer gases from coming back up the drain. The bend in the pipe fills with water that forms a barrier keeping noxious gases from re-entering your home. The p-trap has a secondary purpose of trapping any items that may mistakenly fall down the drain. The device gets its name from its similar appearance to a sideways letter “P,” and you’ll find it directly below your sink’s drain.
When your sink is backed up, the p-trap is a good place to start. It’s easily accessible, and items or debris stuck in the p-trap are the most common cause of backed up water. No matter if the pipes under your sink are made of PVC or metal, the p-trap should be easy to remove by unscrewing the slip-nut joints on either end. Take care when removing the p-trap so as not to spill the water trapped in it.
Once you have it removed, check it for items lodged in it. Check it also for build-up that may be restricting the flow of water through the p-trap. Once you have it cleaned out, reconnect it and check to see if the water is flowing freely.
Buildup in the Pipes
If cleaning both the drain stop and the p-trap doesn’t resolve the problem when your sink is backed up, the problem may be deeper. It may be a buildup of soaps, lotions, grease or oil in your pipes. Any of these substances can start building up on the walls of your pipes, and once it starts it will continue to accumulate more debris until your pipes are clogged.
There are a few products intended for clearing fully clogged pipes, but there are also some home remedies that can help. If drainage is slow, bring a kettle of water with a half-cup of baking soda in it to a boil. Once boiling, pour the mixture down the drain. It will dissolve fatty acids that are constricting water flow within 10 minutes.
Due to the highly dangerous chemicals used in clog cleaners such as Drano, we don’t recommend using them to clear clogs. There are much safer and more environmentally friendly ways to fix a backed-up sink.
Is Your Sink Still Backed Up?
If you have stubborn sink drainage problems, sometimes the best answer is to call in the professionals. In the Richmond County area, your first call should be to SERVPRO of Southern Staten Island. Our team of knowledgeable and experienced plumbers can diagnose your specific issue quickly and correctly.
Benefect® Botanical Disinfectant
SERVPRO of Southern Staten Island only uses natural, safe and environmentally friendly cleaning supplies. Give us a call today at 718-979-4100!!
Benefect® Disinfectant is a Botanical Disinfectant, Fungicide, Virucide*, Tuberculocide, Cleaner and Deodorizer. Benefect® Disinfectant is EPA registered as a No Rinse No Wipe product. Just Spray and Walk Away. There are no label warnings or precautionary statements for use or disposal.
- No dilution required
- Must SHAKE before each use.
II. Apply the product using one of the following:
- ULV misting device
- Sprayer - Pump or hand held
- Cloth or sponge
III. GENERAL CLEANING
- Apply and wipe away
- No rinsing required
- Dwell 10 minutes
- No rinsing required
- pH: 4 - 5
- Shelf Life: 3 years
- Color: Light tan Liquid
- Size: Gallon
- Fragrance: Lemon & Spice
- Coverage: 1000 – 1200 ft2 per gallon
VI. Efficacy: (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO):
- Bacteria – Gram-negative & Gram-positive
- MRSA ? Salmonella enterica
- Staphylococcus aureus
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa Fungi
- Trichophyton mentagrophytes Virus
- HIV – 1 (AIDS virus)
- Tuberculosis (Mycobacterium tuberculosis)
VII. AREAS OF USE: (SEE PRODUCT LABEL FOR COMPLETE LISTING)
- Residential – Commercial – Medical
- Hospitals and Nursing homes
- Food prep facilities
- Schools, Universities and Daycare facilities
- Health clubs
- Sports equipment
- Boarding and breeding kennels
- Any area where high risk or chemically sensitive individuals may be present.
VIII. WATER DAMAGE RESTORATION
- Disinfect hard non-porous materials
- Control or inhibit odor on a variety of porous & semi porous materials including:
- wood studding
- tack strips
- carpet padding
- other semi porous furnishings
IX. GREY OR BLACK WATER DAMAGE & TRAUMA
- Registered with the EPA as effective against blood borne/body fluid pathogens including Mycobacteria Tuberculosis (TB) and the HIV-1 virus.
X. MOLD REMEDIATION
- Wipe to remove surface molds.
- Spray after remediation procedure is complete.
- Use proper remediation protocols
THE SERVPRO DISASTER RECOVERY TEAM IS HERE FOR YOU
Unexpected loss from heavy storms, hurricanes, tornadoes, & blizzards can do serious damage to a property and put a great deal of stress on the owner.
The weather can be unpredictable and intense. No one can control the weather. SERVPRO of Southern Staten Island is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year to help restore your home after any type of havoc a storm may leave behind.
SERVPRO of Southern Staten Island has a specialized storm team and large loss response system to provide the resources to restore your property in the event of a disaster. SERVPRO tactically places disaster teams across the country to travel when needed and provide disaster relief after large storms. Our disaster team is available 24 hours a day and 365 days a year and are prepared for the unexpected.
Call SERVPRO of Southern Staten Island today 212-768-9400!