Thunderstorms causing more than just noise?
Thunderstorms have the potential to be very dangerous as winds pick up and heavy rain flows. There are numerous ways to keep you and your family safe though and ways to avoid these dangers. Make sure you follow the tips below to prepare you and your household for a potentially dangerous storm. Thunderstorms happen often and can cause a lot of damage to your home if small things are not done in advance. Of course, there are things that can not be prevented but it is important to avoid as many dangers and damages as possible. To prepare for a Thunderstorm, you should do the following:
- Build an emergency kit and make a family communication plan.
- Include:food, water, light source, a radio, power and any medications you or your family needs
- Remove dead or rotting trees and branches that could fall and cause injury or damage.
- These can fall on people, cars, your roof and cause severe damage
- Secure outdoor objects that could blow away or cause damage.
- Lawn chairs, bird feeders, and anything that could blow through a window
- Stay inside your home or a secure building.
- Don’t go outside until it is cleared by city officials and police. Especially stay out of any water
- Shutter windows and secure outside doors. If shutters are not available, close window blinds, shades or curtains.
- Your windows can let in flying debris and cause injuries and damage
If you are affected by a bad storm call us today to start a cleanup and restoration.